Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The end is in sight ... sort of

Sometimes when I hit a bit of a low point, like today, I need to think about how good the end is going to be. I can't wait until I've finished the first draft - it will be so satisfying to have the book there, complete, in black and white, all ready to be painstakingly picked over (and probably significantly changed, but still).

I'm also looking forward to seeing it published. I try not to think about it too much - again, my superstitious fear of jinxing - but I am excited about seeing it in proper book form, out in the world.

So, I'm going to go away and try and visualise some of these things (and not eat Creme Eggs, which is how I dealt with feeling overwhelmed the other day). Even on the days when it feels like I'm wading through a swamp, I'm making progress. I know I am. And when it's finished, it's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...