Monday, March 10, 2008

A quick break before I carry on ...

I've spent the morning reading through everything I've written so far and adding bits and pieces where needed. I'm only up to page 95 of 168 (A4, single-spaced), and the latter chapters are the ones that need the most pummelling into shape, so a busy afternoon is ahead. I see-saw between being elated and dejected about my work as I read through, which shows I have absolutely no perspective on it at all. I do have to consciously disregard my emotions until the first draft is finished, otherwise I would just curl up into a ball, chew my nails right down to the bone and stop writing altogether.

I've probably written about 500 new words today. It's a little difficult to keep track. But I'm glad I'm taking the time to fill in the gaps - I've been merrily leaping ahead and writing later chapters for a while, but leave a trail of devastation in my wake that needs to be swept up.

Back to sweeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...