Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stats and freak-out

Total word count: a notch over 79,000
Today's word count: 1,000. I had grand plans of getting to 80,000 last night and then powering ahead today, but I just stressed myself out. So I'm taking it more gently today and aiming for 80,000 by this evening.
Cups of coffee: four

Not that the end is in sight, I am definitely freaking myself out about it more. I've gone into Finals Mode (a hangover from university days), where I neglect every other aspect of my life and just concentrate on work. This may work for academic papers, but not for creative work. To be productive creatively I need to be relaxed and ordered in all aspects of my life. Today I'm taking a break from sitting at the computer and catching up on some housework to ground myself again (and hopefully stop the freak-out).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...