Friday, July 11, 2008

...

I live my life under the tyranny of time. I draw up schedules for myself and try to stick to them. I feel guilty when I don't. I am always aware of time going past, and how I am using it. Am I being productive? Am I making the best use of it? Am I wasting it?

The days I remember as being the happiest are the days when I completely lost track of time. I remember sailing on a lake in Zimbabwe. The day seemed to go on forever. I remember visiting a friend's house and playing a board game with her grandchildren. I remember lying on my living room floor in the sun, watching the shadows change outside. These days were free from endless clock-watching and scheduling.

I think if I could let go of my time a little, I would be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...