Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Fortnight's Resolutions

It's the start of a new week, and I am filled with determination and good intentions (and coffee). I feel the need for some discipline (that word brings back memories of the Discipline Mistress - seriously, that was her title - at the Convent high school I attended for a couple of years in Zim. She looked like a man, with a big, square jaw like a superhero. Anyway). Since I am a creature that loves setting goals and having timeframes for things, I have decided that I am going to do the following in the next two weeks:

1) Finish revising the book
2) Follow Daphne from dlittlegarden's excellent example, and practise Style Without Consumption (SWoC). I buy a lot of clothes, and I buy them frequently. For the next two weeks, I am not going to buy any luxuries. I know two weeks doesn't seem that long, but I think I'm going to find it quite difficult. If I'm still going strong by August, I might try and extend it further.
3) Eat healthily and exercise every day. Winter and recent laziness has made me a bit more ... erm ... 'cuddly' than usual, and I could do with a bit of toning up.

So, off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...