Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This post is brought to you by the letter 'C'

C for Confused, that is. I am having a Confused day. It has been rather a Confused year, actually.

You see, I put Zimbabwe out of my mind for a long time. When we arrived in New Zealand, I hit the ground running and tried to put as much distance between myself and what happened there as I could. This year, however, I finally wrote the book that I had always been planning to write, and it opened up a lot of things that I hadn't thought about for almost five years (wow, has it really been that long?). I want to get this story out so much that, when I think about it, I feel a bit sick. Scared that I won't handle it right, or let people down - the people who lived through the same things that I did. I want to tell their story right. I hope I have. I hope I can get it published, sooner rather than later. Anyway, that is why I am feeling Confused with a capital C at the moment. I feel like I have been given a task to perform, and I hope I don't stuff it up. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...