Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Stir-crazy

I keep having dreams about packing for a holiday (I also keep having dreams about living in a post-apocalyptic world where we have returned to riding on horseback and fighting with swords, but that's another story). I dream for hours about folding summery clothes and packing them away, then driving to an airport filled with anticipation (I'm filled with anticipation, not the airport). It's not too hard to interpret this. I am sick sick sick of winter and longing for heat and light again. Every year I think I have adjusted from Zimbabwean weather to New Zealand weather, but this is in summer when everything seems bright and optimistic. When winter rolls round, I realise that no, I have not adjusted. So I am looking at photos from last year's holidays to cheer myself up.



These are of Cathedral Cove, taken on our honeymoon. You may recognise it as the spot where the four Pevensie children land when they are called to Narnia in Prince Caspian. Kind of ruined the movie-magic for me because I know the place so well - it's hard to think of it as Cair Paravel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...