Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Here comes the sun (I wish)

I know you're probably heartily sick of hearing me complain about the dreadful weather and saying how I want to go on holiday, but ... the weather is really dreadful and I want to go on holiday! It's particularly grim today - cold winds, lashing rain, sky grey-blue like a bruise. Every night this week, before I fall asleep, I have been mentally packing a suitcase for a holiday somewhere warm. I may be getting slightly obsessive.

I do love packing, though - it satisfies both my love of clothes and my love of organising. There's something about choosing a distilled, concentrated version of yourself that is just so much fun - you can leave all the dross behind and present your most essential self to the world. Perhaps I'm overthinking it.

Anyway, these two posts on packing have satisfied my cravings for this morning: Wendy from Hand It Over shows us what she's taking to Mexico, and the_kitten from Picked Pics gives us packing tips inspired by her upcoming trip to Viet Nam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...