Sunday, July 27, 2008

Monday morning ...

I'm hoping to get a really good day's work done. I have to, if I'm to finish the second draft and send it off on Friday.

I'm being a hermit this week, to some extent - I'm not good at multi-tasking. I get overwhelmed very quickly if I have a big long list of things to do. I wish I wasn't like that, but I am. If I'm going to write, I need hours of uninterrupted time. I know this is a luxury, but luckily it's one I have at the moment.

Here's the plan for the week:
Monday - this may be a little crazy, but I'm aiming to finish all the editing today. There are 64 pages left to do, and it will mean working very hard, but ... I think it's doable. We'll see. Dream big, and all that. I'm not going to do any rewrites today, but I'm going to flag the places where I see rewrites or additions are necessary. Which brings me neatly on to tomorrow's work ...
Tuesday - rewrites and additions.
Wednesday - rewrites and additions.
Thursday - check the second draft against my and my advisor's notes on the original manuscript, to make sure I've addressed everything.
Friday - final read-through, and send!

Okay, back to work. Oh, and the photo shoot yesterday was so much fun! I'll post some of the shots later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...