Saturday, September 25, 2010

DIY Lace Trimmed Shorts

In keeping with the seasonal confusion I am currently suffering (this whole SS11 thing seems to have started sooner than usual...), I'm uploading a decidedly summery DIY - hope the aussie readers enjoy! I guess I can wear them on my trip to India and Sri Lanka in December...

I recently bought a large pair of pink long shorts from a charity shop (with the caramel pair I wore to LFW day 1) and did another little DIY with them to make them lace trimmed high waisted shorts. This is how I did it:
1. I pinned and then sewed some pleats in the back waistband so that the shorts were highwaisted.
2. I cut some fabric off the bottom of the shorts, then rolled, iron and sewed them up to the desired length. I used a very light hand stitch to secure the hem.
3. Turning them inside out, I pinned and then sewed the lace trim inside the shorts, so that the lace poked down just below the hem.
4. Then I used a light stitch to attach the lace trim. Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...