Monday, September 20, 2010

Manic Monday

Mink is surveying his kingdom from the safety of his cat condo. We can open the French doors onto the balconies and leave the insect screens closed, letting fresh air and smells in (Mink likes the new smells) without allowing him outside. I'm nervous about letting him out onto the balcony in case he jumps up onto the rail and falls. He is not the most graceful of cats. So he is an indoor kitty for now.

Today the rewrites begin! Hooray. The villagers rejoice. I edited the first two chapters and rewrote the third at The Coffee Bean this morning - for the rest of the day I will be writing an entirely new Chapter Four. If I can get that done to my satisfaction today, I will be happy with the day's work. There are twenty-five chapters in total, according to my new plan, and I aim to finish the whole thing by the end of the month ready for a final edit. We have a couple of overseas visitors coming in October, so it would be good to have the bulk of my work completed by then (and it would also be helpful to have furniture and more than two plates! Our container from New Zealand is meant to be arriving in the first week of October. Fingers crossed). I also have an important article to write this week, which has to do with Exciting Thing I can't announce yet - I am going to make a start on it this evening. All in all, I have a very busy week ahead. Like the rest of humanity, I'm sure.

Thank you for all your comments on my Friday post - I will have a think about it and come up with some ideas.

Yesterday I met with some lovely Austin ladies for another Ladies Who Lunch/Brunch/Happy Hour get-together. It was so much fun - and I had my first ever mimosa! It feels ridiculously decadent to drink sparkling wine at breakfast (and rather Bernard Black-like, as well - "a modest selection of breakfast wines").


From left to right: Sydney; Cassiday; Cathy; Elia; Joanna; me; the lovely Corrin, whom I was so thrilled to meet for the first time; Grechen; Kathryn; Sharon. Photo taken by Joanna and shamelessly stolen from Grechen's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...