Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kendra Scott blogger bash

More Austin adventures with the in-laws are on their way, but I also wanted to write about the blogger event at Kendra Scott Jewelry that I attended (along with several other Austin bloggers) on Thursday night. My date was my dear friend Cathy, who is far more of a jewellery aficionado than I am, and who was absolutely made for these sorts of bold, bright statement pieces. I am ashamed to say that I had never heard of Kendra Scott before receiving the invitation, but now I know that the flagship boutique is tucked away on 1400 South Congress Ave - look for the bright yellow sign.

I'm not a big jewellery wearer, in general - I wear my wedding ring, brooches and pins, most of which I inherited from my great-grandmother or found at vintage stores, and that's about it - but I was tempted by the bright colours of the pieces here. And by the fact that they are manufactured above the shop! There's nothing better than seeing how something is made. I came away with a pair of hoop earrings and a few discount cards, so I will have to go back and see what other treasures I can find.

I also really responded to the slogan 'Fashion, family and philanthropy.' Yes, the jewellery is pretty, but there is a heart and soul behind it too that aims to do more than sell attractive objects. I really like that. The charities that Kendra Scott supports are The American Heart Association; Dress for Success; Go Red for Women; and Lifeworks Austin.












All images of the Kendra Scott premises and merchandise were taken by me, except for the fourth one - that is from Style Me Kasey, one of the lovely bloggers that attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...