Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sad day

For Vanessa and Warren, it has been months of worry interspersed with flashes of hope; but Two Squirrels vintage - its old location at least - is finally gone. It is so unbearably sad to see not only this business but so many others demolished and destroyed. Central Christchurch is like a ghost town. I saw it in April and it was desolate then - I can only look at the pictures and imagine the feeling of emptiness and grief on those once-bustling streets. Sorry to be all emotional today, but it is just so sad, and I wish I could be there with my friends and family.




But enough doom and gloom! It is a sad day, but there are good things ahead. Vanessa and Warren's new shop location is under way, and I am so excited to see it finished. Here's a sneak peek at the interior ...






I can't tell you how much I admire their optimism and resilience. They are two of the most lovely and positive people that I know, and I know that they will build their business up again - even better than before. Their spirit, for me, is summed up by this photograph, taken by the owner of The Vault, their one-time neighbour in Cashel Mall. A Two Squirrels dress was rescued from the rubble, and it shines bright and true in the midst of all the destruction.

Visit Vanessa and Warren's blog for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...