Monday, November 29, 2010

Fin!


Mink writes the final chapter of his autobiography.

I have FINISHED the revised draft. It feels great. And with one day to spare! This is the fourth draft of the book, and it is the first draft with which I have felt happy. Obviously it will need a read-through, edits and perhaps a couple of pick-up things, but I think that the essential shape and substance of it has taken on its proper and final form. Hooray! The word count is sitting at about 105,000, but will drop down a bit in editing. I'm looking forward to seeing that fat wad of printed-out pages, and smelling the fresh ink. It's one of the most satisfying moments.

This is unrelated, but LOML and I put up these Ikea clocks to keep track of the time in all our important time zones. Never again will I miss a call from New Zealand because I forgot about daylight savings, or have to look up the time in London six times before an interview (although I probably will, because I am neurotic). LOML made the magnetic orange letters underneath each clock - clever thing!

(The wall is actually a very pale mushroom-y colour, but looks weird here).

Now I think it is time for a celebratory nap under a celebratory blanket.

Those of you who are working on projects for Nanowrimo - how are you doing? Do you expect to reach your goal by tomorrow? If not, do you still feel good about what you have achieved?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...