Monday, November 8, 2010

Saturday night, Monday morning

Hi everyone! How was your weekend? How is your Nanowrimo project going?

I did no work over the weekend, but have caught up today, thank goodness. I went out for a girls' night on Saturday with the lovely Sandhya, Joanna, Laura, Rose, Ashley and Aisha (apologies if I have spelled anyone's name wrongly!). It was my first introduction to the clubs of Austin on a Saturday night, because I'm kind of a nana and prefer to go to bed early with a book and a cup of tea, and it was great fun. I can't remember everywhere we went, but I do have a clear memory of sitting in 24 Diner on (I think?) Lamar at about 3am sampling fried chicken and waffles. Which is a disgusting concept that translates to a disgusting taste. Sorry, fans of chicken-and-waffles, but I am not joining your ranks. Randomly, Jessica Alba was sitting at the next table, looking depressingly beautiful for three in the morning (and possibly eating something a lot healthier than I was, but I couldn't tell). All in all, Sandhya hosted a wonderful night - although the best part of it for me was probably sleeping over at her place afterwards, chatting in pyjamas and bonding with her cats! I now have a sore throat and am suffering from the-morning-after-the-morning-after syndrome, but it was all worth it.

I wish I could say something more useful, but my brain still feels like it is made of fried chicken and waffles. I just wanted to check in with the group to see how everyone was doing with their writing - I'll see you tomorrow with something of greater nutritional value!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...