Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy weekend!


Apologies for my absence - I have been doing this all weekend! Well, this and eating. And sleeping. I know I should really be working to finish up the revisions by the 30th, but I decided to take Thanksgiving weekend off and just work all that harder on Monday and Tuesday. And it is lovely to do nothing!

LOML and I had a great first Thanksgiving - some lovely friends invited us to a dinner on Monday night, and another couple of lovely friends invited us to Thanksgiving dinner on the day itself. We tried our first marshmallows and yams, our first pumpkin pie and our first green bean casserole. And I made my first chocolate cream pies. Which fell apart in spectacular fashion - the filling didn't set, and the Graham-cracker base cracked and collapsed. Luckily LOML went on a rescue mission to the bakery, and so all was not lost.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go right back to painting and drinking wine and eating leftovers. I hope you are all having a lovely weekend - and happy belated Thanksgiving to those of you here in the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...