Monday, November 22, 2010

Homesick turkey



My favourite vintage skirt! No surprises there. Mum found it in a thrift store during her visit to Austin, and I altered it to fit.

I've been feeling a bit melancholy for the past week or so; a little homesick. I love every country that I have lived in, but the downside (outweighed by the positives, naturally!) is that I am homesick for about four or five different places at any given time. Apparently this is to be expected - I've heard that expats are filled with elation for the first three months in a new country and homesickness for the next three months before settling in properly. So I'm due for a bout of this particular type of malaise. I love Austin more than I can say, but I really miss my mum and my friends. Someone needs to get cracking and build an underground train service connecting Zimbabwe, the UK, New Zealand and Texas. I'm sure it would be popular.

In Nanwrimo-lame-oh news, the revisions are still rocketing along at a good pace, and I'm definitely still on track for finishing the book by the 30th - even with all the Thanksgiving celebrations this week! It's LOML's and my first Thanksgiving, and we're lucky enough to have some great friends here who have invited us to various dinners and events. I'm really looking forward to it. How are y'all getting on? (So Texan). Are you still on track with your projects? I have a feeling that most of us are going to fall off the wagon come turkey-time on Thursday ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...