Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Show and Tell (Volume One)

Hi everyone! And congratulations on making it to the first Show and Tell Friday this Nanowrimo. How are you feeling? Buoyant? Energised? Shattered? Dejected? Triumphant? It has been a pretty intense few days. For me, this week has meant reassessing my Nanowrimolame-oh project to make it more realistic, and I'm very happy with that decision. Work has been going pretty well, too - I've stuck to my goal of revising a chapter a day, and the book is taking shape. I think I'm on track for finishing all the revisions by the end of November.

I have been through all your blogs and picked out a few posts that I think the rest of the group will find interesting or helpful (please don't be offended if you are not featured - I chose things that I thought would appeal to most people or that tickled my fancy, and there are more Friday posts coming during the month!).

For the full list of group participants, go here.

Sara's goal for the month is 100,000 words. Holy cow!

Rosalind is writing a third draft of a play while commuting on the train.

Lighting the Lamps expresses fears that many of us share about writing 'drivel.'

Amy links to these two interesting articles: one for Nanowrimo and one against. Unsurprisingly, I'm FOR Nanowrimo all the way - anything that encourages goal-setting, creativity, persistence and enthusiasm is positive in my book (pun intended).

Katie Anderson shares a picture of her writing space.

Mervat talks about how doing her taxes and musing on left brain/right brain relationships affects her Nanowrimo experience. (The visual test in this post is very interesting! For me, the dancer changes direction every time I look away and look back. What on earth does that say about my brain?)

Here's the thing: you are all doing a fantastic job, no matter how you did this week. Even if you only wrote 500 words of a novel, that's more than most people would achieve in five days. So don't forget to congratulate yourself - and banish any feelings of guilt! This group is a guilt-free zone.

How did you do this week? What were your experiences? If you skipped a day, why did you skip it and how did you feel about it? Have you reassessed your project at all? Have there been any surprises along the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...