Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Back online!

Phew. I have the Internet again. We have switched service providers, and so I have been offline all day. It feels like I have just surfaced from underwater (probably good to have a day offline, but there you are).

I started slicing into my book today with gay abandon. Felt the same kind of thrill you do when ripping off a scab, which is a slightly disgusting simile, but I can't think of a better one. I removed an entire chapter, as well as several scenes, and the word count has dropped to 115,000. These are all sections I feel didn't add to the overall story, so even though I really loved some of them, they had to die. I mean go. Tomorrow I can start bandaging some of the wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...