Friday, June 13, 2008

Life in six words

Jeannine from The Other Side of Somewhere tagged me with this a few days ago ... it's surprisingly hard!

1. Write the title to your own memoir using SIX words.
2. Post it on your blog.
3. Link to the person that tagged you.
4. Tag 5 more blogs.

This took way more thought than I anticipated ... it's difficult to sum up a life. Should it be profound? Comic? Just plain obscure?

In the end I decided it should be something that signified a journey, something that referenced Zimbabwe and something that gave the idea of impermanence and displacement (deep, huh?).

Fambai Zvakanaka: a citizen of nowhere

'Fambai zvakanaka' means 'go well' or 'travel well' in Shona - something between 'bon voyage' and 'happy trails'. I stole Jeannine's idea of having a main title and then a sub title because I couldn't think of a six-word phrase

I'm excited to see titles from: Missa, Milla, Marichelle, Fraser and Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...