Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Frustrated feline genius


Sorry for all the doom and gloom yesterday. My mum hasn't been very well on and off for a while, and I had a bit of a scare the other day when she went to the emergency room. She's in England at the moment, so I feel a bit helpless, but I think she's going to be fine. And she's home next Saturday (the day after my birthday, hurrah). I have also been thinking Deep Thoughts lately about Life, and some of the conclusions I have drawn have been less than cheerful. But, essentially, everything is fine. Except that I have done no work at all on the novel this week either. Official start date for the revisions has been moved to Monday.

The cat has been behaving strangely. Last night he spent a lot of time sitting on a dining room chair in front of my laptop, staring at the screen. When we went to bed he didn't come and sleep on our feet as he usually does - he was mysteriously absent. In the morning we found that LOML's computer was on (it was off when we went to bed, but moving the mouse wakes it up) and there was a small, furry indentation in the office chair. Obviously he wants to write a novel, but has no opposable thumbs. I'm not sure how to tackle this problem. Perhaps I will offer to take down dictation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...