Saturday, June 28, 2008

The importance of cake

Busy week ahead ... I start work proper on revising the book tomorrow morning, and I think I'm meeting with the head of the local TV station this week, too (for a secret project that I am not allowed to discuss yet ... dum dum DUM. Those were meant to be three dramatic chords, in case you were wondering). A freelancing opportunity has also come up for an interesting story that I may be able to sell to a local magazine. I haven't worked for that magazine for ... wow, almost three years now, and a new editor is running the show, but they may still be interested in accepting the article if I pitch it right. There are great promotional images available, which should be a drawcard. I remember that when I was working as the editor of a magazine, good-quality, interesting, high-res images were what really sold an idea. Sad, but true.

Anyway, I am preparing for a week of frantic activity by eating leftover birthday cake. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...