Thursday, August 12, 2010

Last Christchurch thrifting day!

Today was my last chance to spend time with my lovely friend Hannah and indulge in one of my favourite Christchurch activities - breakfast at Drexels on Hereford Street, followed by a day of thrifting! It made me a little sad to think that it would be the last time I visited my favourite breakfast restaurant for a while - it has served me well over the years. I always have exactly the same thing - a half portion of Eggs Benedict (substituting the hash brown for grilled tomatoes), a half portion of waffles with maple syrup and whipped butter, and bottomless filter coffee. Yum. As far as I know, it's the only place in Christchurch that provides bottomless filter coffee - we're more of an espresso culture over here - but it's commonplace in the States, from what I can tell. Looking forward to that!

Product placement.


Making a silly face. Drexels, you're welcome.

We went to some of our favourite central city op-shops (eschewing the vintage stores proper, because we were broke). I have been on a shopping ban for a few weeks now - a secret one, because I knew if I announced it I would rebel! - and it was great fun to fall off the wagon and rummage through some secondhand treasures. First stop was the Salvation Army on Lichfield Street (the occasional great find, and usually some very good shoes and handbags); Savemart on Battersea Street (a little pricey at times, but you can find some treasures in the 'retro' section); Cats Unloved on Colombo Street (newly opened and not bad); The Great Opportunity Shop on Colombo Street (with a 'Retro Room' only big enough for one person to enter at a time. So much fun!); and Tasman Traders on Byron Street (most clothing is priced at $4). I spent $27 and serendipitously acquired an entire outfit (minus shoes). I love thrifting.


Cropped leather jacket - vintage, $10
Bow blouse - Vintage Lady Lichfield (I already have the exact same one, but in black and white), $5
Shorts - '80s, $5
Bag - vintage, $5
Scarf - vintage silk, $2

Hope you're having a wonderful Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...