Sunday, August 15, 2010

Moving: Day Two (Day One came and went without fanfare)

So I know that I said I would be gone for a few days, but I'm sitting in the freezing cold, half-empty house supervising the removal guys (I use the word 'supervising' as loosely as it has ever been used) and there is nothing to do but squeeze into a corner and make the most of the internet connection while we still have it. I have a handful of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to keep me going and a gigantic scarf wrapped around my head for warmth. We have been up since 5am, and I need a coffee. It is all going well, though, and it is pretty exciting to see everything being packed up. Opening it all in Austin will be like Christmas (although I'm sure we'll look at a couple of things and say "Why on earth did we bring that?" I'm looking at you, salt-and-pepper shakers shaped like wiener dogs). I feel a bit sorry for my beloved vintage clothes, packed away in a container rather than enjoying the Texas heat - but they'll get to experience it soon enough. Mink is in the cattery until he flies out, and he is doing well (although I'm sure he's pretty annoyed at us).

Thanks for all your comments, everyone! You are keeping me (vaguely) sane.

P.S. I really love the sound of packing tape being unrolled - that sort of screechy tearing sound. Anyone else? I also get very excited when surrounded by large amounts of bubble wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...