Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sore feet, but worth it

26 Aug '10
Blouse - vintage, thrifted
Bag - vintage, Retropolitan
Cameo - vintage, a gift from my friend Hannah
Shorts - '80s, thrifted
Belt - vintage
Shoes - thrifted


Today I took the Metrorail downtown to explore the city. I wandered over to Buffalo Exchange and Toy Joy on the corner of Guadaloupe and 29th, and then walked to South Congress to reacquaint myself with the vintage stores down there. It was a good walk, but I did need to stop for a cucumber soda so that my head didn't explode. I still can't get over how plentiful and relatively cheap the vintage here is - it's great!


There is so much great graffiti in Austin, and so many fantastic murals. This one, predictably, is my favourite so far.


Loot from today! 1950s velvet, taffeta and lace cocktail dress; 1980s Laura Ashley floral ruffle dress; 1950s coral lace dress; 1980s tropical print romper.

And now I have blisters and am going to sit down for a bit.

P.S. I knew I would forget something important! I already have some alterations and repairs to do, and I didn't bring a sewing kit. Dagnammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...