Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yellow!

31 Aug '10
Dress - vintage, bought from SilviCi!
Belt - thrifted
Bag - vintage, from Retropolitan in Christchurch
Socks - some sock shop in San Francisco - can't remember the name
Shoes - Zara

And on its previous owner:
10 luglio 2010
It makes this dress even more special knowing that it came from one of my biggest style inspirations.

I am very excited today - first of all, I am getting my hair cut, which means that I will no longer feel like an Old English Sheepdog, and, secondly (more importantly), I am going out this evening with a group of Austin fashion bloggers. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone - particularly Diya of In Her Stilettos. It will be lovely to spend some time with like-minded people. I have also joined a writer's group here, which will be invaluable as I rework the manuscript (again), and I can't wait to go along to my first session.

One thing I'm having to get used to here in the States is tipping. We don't have a tipping culture in New Zealand, really - sure, if you get amazing service, you might leave something, but it's not a matter of course. I actually really like leaving a tip, but the problem lies in remembering - over the past couple of weeks I have sometimes forgotten to leave one, which makes me feel terrible. I suppose it's just a matter of getting used to it. As far as I can understand, you tip everyone who provides a service, right? Including hairdressers? Any tips? (Har, har).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...