Friday, August 20, 2010

Outfits, baking and a package!

I have had such a super-productive morning - I'm still buzzing from the high. Being in Austin has somehow given me fresh perspective on the book, and I am nearly (touch wood) completely finished. I am hoping to finish it today and email the entire manuscript to my agent. Whee! Perhaps the hot weather is helping. I wandered down to The Coffee Bean this morning and worked outside in the warmth with a coffee - it was wonderful. Heat feels like home to me, because I grew up in such a hot climate, and I am never happier than when absolutely baking hot.

Speaking of baking - when I bake, I compulsively open the oven door to check on how the baking is doing. I know that this is the worst thing you can do (and, unsurprisingly, I am a terrible baker), but I think it reflects an aspect of my writing as well. I tend to poke and prod at manuscripts, endlessly fiddling with them and never leaving them alone, when sometimes they need to sit by themselves for a while and develop, Taking a little time off from this book and then returning to it has made a huge difference, and has actually been drastically more effective than endlessly opening the metaphorical oven door and interfering with it.

In other news, I bought this amazing dress from the beautiful Silvia, one of my biggest style inspirations (check out her Flickr stream - she's wonderful), and it was waiting for me when we arrived at the apartment! I was so excited, and can't wait to wear it - I'm going to have to save its debut for a special occasion, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...