Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DIY Weekly - Dries Van Noten Embellished Jacket

I'm absolutely loving the beautiful Dries Van Noten jackets I have been seeing on various blogs - amazing embellished sleeves with utility looking waistcoats, like the one below and the one I blogged about here. I decided to do a bit of DVN style layering a couple of days ago. I know this isn't strictly a DIY but its amazing how easy it is to create runway looks from what's already in your wardrobe. I basically layered a denim waistcoat over a full beaded black jacket, so that the sleeves showed. Easy! I would have preferred to do it with a khaki waistcoat but I don't have one so denim had to do. Why buy when you can DIY? Layer with jeans or skinny khaki pants for a more DVN utility/military look.
Dries Van Norten AW1:
 DIY Version:
I love this wool full mini skirt I bought in Rome (thanks dad!). Really wanted one after I saw Hanelli rocking them all over fashion week, and picked this one up for a steal. Its so pwetty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...