Monday, October 25, 2010

Official Nanowrimo sign-up sheet for my writing group

I'll keep linking back to this post over the next ten days, in case anyone misses it. I'm sure you are all up to speed with what Nanowrimo is by now, but, just in case, you can read all about it here. Last year I set up a writing group through this blog to provide support and companionship for us all as we worked on our Nano projects, and it was great fun! So, here it is again.

There is NO PRESSURE within this group to do exactly what Nanowrimo demands (a 50,000-word first draft of a novel in 30 days). You can adapt the project to suit you. I am being a Nanowrimo-lame-oh this year and not committing to the full challenge, because I have so much else on - you can do the same if you wish. Some of you may have notes and outlines already; some of you may just start writing on 1 November and see what happens. Some of you, like me, might be planning to write a certain number words of a book that is already in progress (I am going to write 30,000 words for a current work). Some of you might be doing something completely different - a collection of short stories, a collection of poems, whatever works for you. Or you could choose to revise or edit a completed work, or plot a future one. Whatever you like!

The key within this group is to set a writing goal and work towards it daily during the month of November. Let go of your inner editor and perfectionist and just do it (thanks, Nike. The shoe, not the goddess).

Here's what you need to do to join this particular Nanowrimo group:
1) Sign up on the official Nanowrimo website - if you want to!
2) Leave a comment on this post with your Nanowrimo username (if you have one/want to make it known) and any information about your Nanowrimo project that you want to share - title, genre, blurb, anything along those lines.

That's it. Easy! Here's my plan for our little sub-group in November:

1) I will post a link to all members of our little writing gang on 1 November (US time), so that people can follow our progress on our blogs. If you have a title and blurb planned for your Nanowrimo project (which you will have left in a comment on THIS post), I'll post that with your name.
2) Every Friday during Nanowrimo I will open up the comments to participants who want to post links to their own blogs and talk about their progress and experiences. I will also feature posts by any participants that take my fancy. Just like last year!
3) If you are following me on Twitter, I will be hosting Timed Writing Frenzies now and then for anyone who wants to join me in furiously upping their word count. There will also be various games and mini-projects available during the month for those who want to take part - and if anyone is here in Austin, we'll meet up in person as well to chat and work on our projects!
4) At the end of the month, I will post the names of everyone who successfully completed their chosen project, and we will all be filled with the pride of a job well done. And we will also probably be filled with wine. I know I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...